28 Aug Applications Open for Annual Board of Trustee Appointments
Dairy Trust Taranaki has 3 positions on its Board of Trustees up for renewal at the AGM to be held in November.
The role of Trustee offers an excellent opportunity for people passionate about dairy research with a sustainability focus, who would like to make a positive difference to the region, while also providing an opportunity to increase their governance experience.
The role of a Board Member is to guide the trust, engage with key stakeholders, monitor performance, provide a safe place for research, and facilitate the trusts vision and mission to deliver relevant, innovative world-class science research, demonstration and extension while advancing knowledge and discovering solutions to ensure the future viability of dairy farming in Taranaki and New Zealand, through harnessing our resources in collaboration with others.
The Board is seeking applicants with:
- A background in scientific research
- Strength in marketing, communications and stakeholder engagement
- A focus on sustainable food production
- Experience in personnel development
- A passion for the dairy sector
- Understanding of Dairy Trust Taranaki
Applicants will also have some or all the following competencies:
- Business acumen
- Quality and risk management experience
- Community involvement and connections
- Financial or governance strengths
- Strategic agility, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Experience in health and safety oversight
Board members perform their roles on a voluntary basis and ideally will reside in the Taranaki region or be available to attend regular meetings in person or via video link-up.
For more information about the trust and the role of a trustee, please look at the trusts governance charter.
Prior to submitting an expression of interest, you are welcome to contact Harry Bayliss, independent chair of the appointments committee, with any questions you may have on 027 470 5300.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Sun 15th September 2019.
Please send expressions of interest to email@example.com with subject: Trustee EOI.